Location: Altoona, WI
Job Type: FullTime, Salary
The Clinical Pharmacist performs all the essential functions of an executive managed care pharmacist to ensure that appropriate clinical programs are designed, implemented, maintained and updated periodically, inclusive of ensuring policies and procedures are documented and followed. The Clinical Pharmacist also acts as a manager and coordinator of the clinical relationship with clients (existing and prospective).
- Develop, implement, and maintain clinical programs for internal and external clients.
- Preform utilization management reviews (i.e. prior authorizations, step therapy, quantity limits, etc.) and make determinations based on medical necessity and currently benefit design.
- Conduct individual and population-based medication therapy management reviews to ensure appropriate medication utilization.
- Research new medications and evaluate updates to existing medications. Present drug review summary and make recommendations to P&T.
- Actively contribute to plan design development projects and make clinical recommendations to ensure appropriate consideration of safety and efficacy is addressed by alternative benefit options.
- Innovate with new ideas to create a greater exchange of communication surrounding clinical issues, the impact they have on plans and potential management strategies to employ.
- Represent the company at internal and external meetings. Identify opportunities to present differential value proposition to the external market and submit speaker proposal(s) to promote PharmaStar as the PBM of choice.
- Identify and understand client objectives for spend management balanced with clinical outcomes and recommend initiatives to address the goals.
- Lead the development and participate in delivery of regular client reviews.
- Evaluate pharmacoeconomic impact of new and emerging therapies and drug spend for client consultation.
- BS degree in Pharmacy or Pharm.D.
- Three to five years of experience in managed care, at a PBM, or management experience preferred, but not required.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Must have a valid Pharmacist License.
This position offers an outstanding benefit package, including three weeks of PTO the first year, a generous retirement plan, health and dental insurance, a wellness program, and much more! If you are interested in working for an organization focused on a team atmosphere and dedicated to providing exceptional service submit your resume today!
How do I Apply?
To apply for the Clinical Pharmacist position, please send your resume and cover letter to the
director of Human Resources & Culture in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pharmastar and KMTSJ, Inc. are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers.